RYA Powerboat Course
Provides the skills and background knowledge needed by the competent powerboat driver and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence. It aims to teach boat handling and seamanship in powerboats. It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed, and collision regulations. The course can be taken inland or on the coast and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly. The course may be conducted in a variety of boat types, both planing and displacement, and the certificate issued will be endorsed to show the type of boat in which the training took place.
- Assumed Knowledge: None but it may be preceded by RYA Level 1 Start Powerboating
- Minimum Age: 8 (candidates under the age of 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate)
- Course Content: Launching and recovery, boat handling, securing to a buoy, anchoring, leaving and coming alongside, man overboard.
- Ability after the course: Self-sufficient power-boater in the right conditions, aware of own limitations and those of the craft
- Instructors: Colin Facey, Bob Hancock, Rodney Storey
For more information about this course click me!